Impact on system resources has also been on the list of enhancements for AVG’s new generation of products. And for this to happen, tweaks have to be made to the scanning engine.
Achieving better protection against the latest threats is a constant goal for any security software vendor. In the case of AVG, this has been boosted by adding cloud-based file reputation service in the mix.
What’s new in AVG 2013 Product?
- A new user interface that supports touch-screen, developed through feedback from our customers, for a greater ease of access to most regularly used settings. It also complements the new Windows® 8 design.
- Improved performance by reducing the startup time by 26%, speeding up scanning time up to 36%, and a user interface that loads over 200% faster. *)
- File reputation technology that further enhances detection and reduces false alarms.
- A smoother install experience with the new Welcome screen.
- Enhanced and simplified firewall making it easier for users to choose how they want to personalize their settings in order to protect their privacy and identity online.
- In addition to AVG’s multi-layered protection technology, AVG Internet Security 2013 comes with an integrated security firewall, AVG LinkScanner®, AVG Anti-Spam, Anti-Spyware and technology to protect against WiFi hacking.
- Complementing the AVG 2013 Internet Security range, AVG PC TuneUp® keeps PCs running smoothly and at peak performance by cleaning the hard drive, fixing issues, preserving battery life on laptops, and eliminating freezing and crashing.