After acquiring the makers of Snapseed in September, Google on Thursday released the popular photo application for Android smartphones and tablets.
Google also updated the iOS version of the app to add Google+ integration and some new filters, and it cut the price of the original app from $4.99 to free.
If you’re not familiar with Snapseed, it’s an incredibly powerful yet easy-to-use photo editor based on Nik Software’s award-winning professional-grade imaging tools.
The app provides a super-intuitive gesture-based UI to capture, tweak, enhance and share pictures. As such, it’s more advanced than Instagram, but far simpler than Photoshop Touch.
Snapseed is available now for the iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. You can download the app on the App Store or Google Play right now.
Key Features of Snapseed photo-editing apps
- Tune Image—Quickly correct photos taken in difficult lighting situations, create depth and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more
- Auto Correct—Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure, or you can use gestures to add or reduce the enhancements
- Selective Adjust—Make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
- Tilt-Shift—Creates a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, commonin a Miniature Scene look
- Details—Enhances details with traditional sharpening as well as Nik Software’s unique Structure control found in the professional Nik Software product line
- Crop & Straighten—Rotate or straighten with simple touch controls and select from a variety of standard aspect ratios while cropping
- Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
- Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
- Vintage—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
- Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
- Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
- Sharing—Email photos or share on Facebook and Flickr