Google is finally getting around to adding offline access back to Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar. Gmail Offline is a Google Chrome Web Store app that was designed to aid when you need to read or manage your emails without an Internet connection.
Gmail Offline beta is a Gmail app built to support offline access, allowing mail to be read, responded to, searched and archived without network access. After first start-up, Gmail Offline will automatically synchronize messages and queued actions anytime Chrome is running and an Internet connection is available. More than just an offline app, the streamlined user interface, based off Gmail’s popular tablet interface, provides extremely fast response time with a pure, email focused experience.
Steps for access Gmail Offline:
- 1. Go to Chrome Web Store
- 2. Install the Offline Google Mail web app.
- 3. After installing, open a new tab and you will be asked if you wish to Allow offline mail.
- 4. Make your choice (click on allow offline mail) and then click Continue.
Now, you can use Offline Google Mail app when you are online as well as offline without an Internet connection, just simply launch Google Chrome and open the new Gmail Offline web app. Then you will be able to read, compose, respond, apply labels, and archive messages.
Important things to remember while using offline Gmail:
- If you allow Gmail to offline mail, your inbox data will be downloaded and stored on the computer you are using right at that moment, so be carefull and DO NOT allow offline mail storage on a public computer and pay attention on a shared computer.
- Depending on how much e-mail you have, Offline Gmail will store three to seven days worth of messages and all starred e-mails. So if you need a specific older e-mail available offline, be sure to star it.
- If you’d like to delete your offline inbox from the computer you installed it on, you can. In the Chrome address bar, type chrome://settings/cookies and press Enter. Then, search for “mail.google.com.” Hover over all the search results and click the “X” to delete them.
- Uninstalling the Chrome app alone will not remove offline data.