Before actually installing Windows 8, make sure you have a software to setup a virtual machine. I have used VMware Workstation, for me its the best tool to create Virtual machine. There are other alternatives also in the market, you can give them a shot too if you want.
Here’s how to download and install the Windows 8 into a virtual machine on your PC within 15 minutes
- Download either the 32-bit version or the 64-bit versionof Windows 8 Developer Preview from link mentioned above.
- Create a new virtual machine and select the Windows 8 Developer Preview .iso image you downloaded as the installation path.
- Add the settings for your virtual machine, finish making it and then turn it on.
- Once the setup is loaded, Press “install now”
- Accept the license terms and press “Next”
- Choose Custom (advanced), select whichever disk it gives you (it will most likely gonna name your disk as “Disk 0 Unallocated Space”) and press “Next”
- Once it’s done installing, go through the typical customization/setup process.
- And you are done!!