If you’re feeling a bit blah about Valentine’s Day this year...you’re not alone! The day is almost over and reality will soon be here but until then enjoy a laugh or two with our favorite anti-Valentine’s Day quotes,anti-Valentine’s Day Saying, and anti-Valentine’s Day Poems.
Top 10 anti-Valentine’s Day quotes
- I don’t understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine’s Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon. ~Unknown
- I’m single because I was born that way. ~Mae West
- Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies. ~Sex in the City
- Being single is pretty good. It’s a nice sense of irresponsibility. ~Michael Douglas
- If you are single there is always one thing you should take out with you on a Saturday night… your friends. (And on Valentine’s Day) ~Sex in the City
- I think, therefore I’m single. ~Liz Winston
- Valentine’s Day: the holiday that reminds you that if you don’t have a special someone, you’re alone. ~Lewis Black
- It goes Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day. Is that fair to anyone who’s alone? These are all days you gotta be with someone. And if you didn’t get around to killing yourself at Christmas or New Year’s, boom! There’s Valentine’s Day. I think there should be one more after Valentine’s Day just called, ‘Who could love you?’ ~Laura Kightlinger
- Happy Valentine’s Day! And if this is news to you, my guess is you’re probably alone. Valentine’s Day is often times a, well, it’s a manufactured day that really doesn’t mean anything. ~Jon Stewart
- Today is Valentine’s Day. Or, as men like to call it, Extortion day. ~Jay Leno
Top 10 anti-Valentine’s Day Saying
- W. Somerset Maugham, A Writer’s Notebook
Love is only a dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species.
- Jay Leno
Today is Valentine’s Day. Or, as men like to call it, extortion day.
- José Ortega y Gasset
We fall in love when our imagination projects nonexistent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.
- Jose Ortega y Gasset
Love is exclusivity, selection.
- Bonnie Raitt
I can’t make you love me, if you don’t.
- J. Geils Band
- Laurell K. Hamilton
Love sucks. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes it’s just another way to bleed.
The course of true love never did run smooth
- Mother Teresa
There is a terrible hunger for love. We all experience that in our lives — the pain, the loneliness. We must have the courage to recognize it.
- Lauren Hammond
You, my dear, are a creature of the night, you are a vampire.
anti-Valentine’s Day Poems
We fall in love when our imagination projects nonexistent perfection upon another person. One day, the fantasy evaporates and with it, love dies.– Spanish philosopher Jose Ortega
If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?
Forget about the men in your past… they didn’t make it to your future for a reason.
The worst feeling isn’t being lonely, it’s knowing you’ll never be remembered by the person you’ll never forget.
Love stinks. – J. Geils Band
Rose are Red
Violets are Blue
Our love is like a poem
Which doesn’t work – Peter O
There was a young girl reading law
Who found parties a bit of a bore.
She skipped the Valentine’s bash
And ate sausage and mash
Saying “This is what evenings are for” – Deborah Caedel
If you like these posts please dont forget to share to your Friends…