Football fans, or soccer fans in the United States, will be happy to know that EA Sports has just released “FIFA 12” for Android devices.
The game features more than 22 officially licensed leagues, over 500 licensed teams and around 15,000 real players. “FIFA 2012” is a football simulator that allows players to take control of a team and build their way up to Champions League.
Features of EA Sports’ “FIFA 12”
• Player Impact Engine — Two years in development, the new physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction on the pitch. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel more resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
• Pro Player Intelligence —CPU players have been infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Players who possess exceptional vision, for example, will see opportunities for through balls that other players won’t. Real Madrid’s Kaká will be more likely—and quicker—to pick out a run from a teammate farther away than a player with poorer vision. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
• Tactical Defending — Re-designed defending mechanism fundamentally changes the approach to defending by placing equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
• Precision Dribbling — Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
• True Injuries — The Player Impact Engine monitors contact between players in real-time, analyzing the force of the collision and impact on the body to detect real injuries, creating a deeper more challenging Career Mode. Manage new types of injuries and the risk of sending a player onto the pitch who isn’t fully healed. • New Presentation — Matches now have a real-world broadcast look and feel. Dramatically improved lighting, more authentic crowds, and new default camera make every game feel special.
• Easier Navigation — Redesigned menu system for fast and easy navigation, featuring customizable Main Menu based on arena player, Virtual Pro and favorite club.
• PC Tools — New, user friendly in-game control settings and tools, plus a new Windowed mode.
EA’s “FIFA 12” is now available for download through Google Play for only $5 and it should be fully compatible with all devices running Android 2.1 and up.