Social media data expert Dan Zarrella — who tracked and analyzed more than 1.3 million posts from the 10,000 most-Liked Facebook pages — has released details about which posts get the most likes, shares and comments on Facebook, from post type and length to the best time of day to add updates.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Photos typically get more likes, comments and shares than posts with text, video or links.
- Long posts get more shares than short ones.
- Posts with a lot of self-referential words—”I” or “me”—tend to get more likes.
- Content posted at 6 p.m. EST tends to get more shares, and content posted at 8 p.m. EST tends to get more likes.
- Very negative posts bring in more comments than positive ones.
For more, like which days of the week will bring the most engagement, check out the graphic: