What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is one of the newest social media marketing sites to take the internet by storm and it really is taking the internet by storm. Although it’s only been around for about 2 years it’s already got over 10 million users, as well as raising itself in the search engines, which of course means plenty of backlinks to your site if you do it right.
It’s addictive. And addictive social media sites (think Facebook games, apps and all that fun stuff) live, grow and become giants. It’s simple, it’s fun and people love using it. Most woman from the ages of 18-40 are already in love and addicted to it.
Pinterest allows you to have word of mouth marketing using pictures and videos. All you need is an interesting pictures/videos, a few “pinners” (Pinterest users) following your account and you are set to go. Just like a post in Facebook that is placed in everyone’s feed, a Pin (an image/video you pin to one of your boards) is posted in all your followers feeds on Pinterest.
You can also place a Pin It button on your site making it easy for Pinners (Pinterest users) to pin your site, and get more exposure, traffic and backlinks.
Currently, Pinterest is by invite only, so you either need to know someone who uses it already or request an invite from the site. Chances are, a simple post on Facebook or any other social media site you are already using, will get you an invite quickly.
If you’re not yet using Pinterest, you should start now.
How to get more traffic from pinterest?
1) Put Your website url in your pinterest profile.
2) Create board with special keywords because boards have heading 3 <h3> tags.
3) Describe your pin properly with short and sweet sentence.
4)Create different pinterest account and repin it or make task in sites like microworkes, minuteworkers .
5) Link your blog or website with pinterest pin button and also comment with your website url on popular pinned items.
6)Follow people so they can follow you on pinterest.
7) Pin beautiful things like movie posters, popular hd images, celebrities, trending social media topics etc..
8)Pin regularly so people will begin to follow you.
9)Be social pin ,comment and keep in touch with other members.
10) You can also pin your affiliate links on pinterest so people will buy from your link and you will earn money.