Deactivating your Facebook account will temporarily hide your information, but deletion is permanent.
If you don’t think you’ll use Facebook again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted. Please keep in mind that you won’t be able to reactivate your account or retrieve any of the content or information you’ve added.
Before you do this, you may want to download a copy of your info from Facebook. Then, if you’d like your account permanently deleted with no option for recovery, Here’s how to completely remove your Facebook account.
Step 1) Vist the account deletion page.
Step 2) Click “Submit.” Follow the steps, such as entering your password, email, and Captcha code.
Step 3) Do not log in for the next 14 days and your account will be deleted completely. If you change your mind before the 14 days are up, just log in and this will reactivate your account.
Permanently Delete a Facebook Account by Email Method
- Email Facebook directly. Contact [email protected] Request that Facebook deletes your account.
- Wait to get an email response from Facebook confirming that your account has been permanently deleted. This should take a few days.
- If you don’t hear back from Facebook within a week, email them again. This time, not only email Facebook at [email protected], but also cc [email protected] and [email protected]
- Attempt to log in to your account once you get an email from Facebook. If you’re unable to log in and don’t get a message asking you to reactivate your account, your Facebook account has been permanently deleted.
- You may need to avoid logging in for 14 days for the deletion to go through.