Topsy is a realtime search engine powered by the Social Web. Unlike traditional web search engines, Topsy indexes and ranks search results based upon the most influential conversations millions of people are having every day about each specific term, topic, page or domain queried.
This jQuery pluginis powered by Topsy which will enable you to list the most popular posts on your website, from your or another tweep’s timeline or for some keyword within a selected period of time.
Like other plugins from the author, this is easy to use and highly customizable plugin. Links are displayed with number of tweets and score, which is calculated by the influence of the people talking about them and affects on sorting those links.
- Display popular posts on a website, from a Twitter username or for some keyword
- Select the window of time: today, this week, this month. or let Topsy automatically pick the most relevant window
- Display links as a bar with transition effects or as a fixed list
- Many transition options like opacity, height, font-size
- Each part of the link like Title, Score, Hashtags. has its own class for easy CSS customization
- Show or hide some parts of the link like tweet, score, number of tweets
- Use a typical JS call or auto-load div elements that have “popular-on-twitter” class
Developed by Mike at MoreTechTips; this jQuery plugin is available for download under Apache License. You can find further information, demos & download on Popular on Twitter Widget Website.