If you spend a lot of time on facebook then why not spend it more efficiently.There are a lot of browser specific keyboard shortcuts for facebook.You can create new messages,view account settings,View notifications etc .Once you get familiar with these shortcuts you can easily navigate on facebook.In this post I will give the shortcut keys for Google Chrome,Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Here is a comprehensive list of facebook Shortcuts keys for each browser.
Google Chrome Facebook Shortcuts
- Alt+1: View your News Feed(HOME)
- Alt+2: View your own Profile
- Alt+3: View pop-up of friend requests
- Alt+4: View pop-up of messages
- Alt+5: View pop-up of notifications
- Alt+6: View Account Settings
- Alt+7: View Privacy Settings
- Alt+8: View Facebook’s own profile
- Alt+9: Read latest Terms of Service agreement.
- Alt+?: Search
- Alt+m: Compose a new message
If you are using Firefox browser then you also need to press SHIFT along with the above shortcut keys.
Firefox Facebook Shortcuts
- Shift+Alt+1: View your News Feed
- Shift+Alt+2: View your own Profile
- Shift+Alt+3: View pop-up of friend requests
- Shift+Alt+4: View pop-up of messages
- Shift+Alt+5: View pop-up of notifications
- Shift+Alt+6: View Account Settings
- Shift+Alt+7: View Privacy Settings
- Shift+Alt+8: View Facebook’s own profile
- Shift+Alt+9: Read latest Terms of Service agreement.
- Shift+Alt+0: Open Facebook Help Center
- Shift+Alt+?: Search
- Shift+Alt+m: Compose a new message
If you are using Internet Explorer then you can use the Facebook shortcuts of Google chrome,but you have to press ENTER after each shortcut .